Holy crap, I sewed a buttonhole. And it's only Monday. What will I do to achieve later this week? I think I should hang up my hat now and go back to bed.
The pattern instructions were just cruising along....finish bodice...sew pocket flaps right sides together...turn inside out....press....sew a buttonhole. What, what?! I knew this dress called for 14 buttons, but I never expected that I would have to sew them before the end. Quick self-tutorial via my sewing machine instruction book, and I was ready to get it done.
First you switch the thingamabobs:
That footer on the left is a button hole footer. It's very cool, and kinda collapses on itself as you sew the button hole. Now you're here.....
...then you're here!:
Then you sew over, back up, over again and done. Next you WANT to use a seam ripper (!!!) to slice open the hole. Damn. I had to give myself a pep talk to actually want to use one of these. Anyway, I finished my first on on a scrap piece of fabric:
UGH! Hideous! This is my little Franken-button. When I saw this picture after uploading all of them I couldn't believe I only did one test before moving on to the actual real life pockets...but I did. And they look great:
Not to shabby for a Monday at all....